Job Posting 2022-2023 School Year
Free Bird Nature School is hiring assistants and lead instructors for our 2022-2023 school year.
The contracts run from September 2022 to June 2023 (option to remain on for Summer Camps 2023. If you thrive outdoors immersed in nature, rain or shine and love getting dirty you may be a good fit for a nature school instructor.
Full time (Monday to Friday) or part time (3 days a week) Compensation ranges vary depending on experience and position ($15/hour-$19/hour).
Applicants must have several of the following:
- Your sense of wonder for nature
- Enjoy being in a mentorship role with children
- The ability to thrive outside regardless of weather
- Creative mind
- Pockets full of games and songs
- Design & collaboratively implement the daily child-led learning program
- Ensure the safety of all participants in a variety of settings
- Through reflective practice, document the day of child-led interests
- Responsible for program teaching tools & material
- Communicate non judgementally with nature school families at drop off and pick up
- Recent Standard First Aid & CPR
- Recent Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working with children
- Able to work well within a collaborative team teaching environment
- Well developed interpersonal and relationship skills
- The physical ability to be active all day & remain on your feet for approximately 7 hours
Please send your resume and 3 references to our School Director, Leigh Bird at [email protected] with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in becoming part of our community. Qualified applicants will be interviewed until a successful candidate is found.